Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Grandpa Bond

My Grandpa at his 90th birthday party a couple of years ago. 
My maternal grandfather passed away this past Saturday. While there is always some sadness that accompanies death, his passing mostly brings me feelings of happiness and peace. I know that is a product of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The sting of death really is swallowed up in His atonement because I know I will see my grandpa again one day, and I know that he is now reunited with my grandma. Thinking of them together makes me really happy.

This weekend we will get to celebrate his life, and I will see cousins that I haven't spent time with in years. From what I understand, almost all of them will be there. What a great way to honor a great man. My grandpa was kind, charitable, soft spoken, and hard working. And he was a great teacher. Anyone who knows my mom can vouch for fact that he must have taught his children well and been a pretty great father, because she is one of the best people I know. He also had a great sense of humor. I remember the code to a lock that he had on his suitcase when I was a kid was 007. 

I am proud to be counted among his posterity.

No comments: