Monday, April 28, 2014

April in Connecticut

I love these mugs!

  • It has been an eventful month in our neck of the woods, with the most exciting news being that Ryan signed a contract with a multi-specialty group in the Phoenix area, so it looks like we are moving to the desert! In July! Hello sunscreen! I think it might take me awhile to get used to the heat, but come January I am going to be loving sunny AZ! We are really looking forward to this next chapter of our lives. 
  • Isaac got glasses and the excitement of his new look hasn't worn off quite yet. Hopefully it never does. 
  • Nater is scooting all over the place and eating everything in sight and waving bye-bye and generally charming all of us. He even started saying his first word this past week---"mas" (more) No one is the least bit surprised at his choice of first words. It suits him perfectly. He squawks, "mas! mas! mas!" over and over as he eats. I'm not going to lie, it's hard for me to deny his constant requests. 
  • The very first blooms of the season are starting to pop up around here and I love it. It means afternoons at the park, dinner outside, and beautiful Connecticut rainstorms. I hope Spring lasts a really long time this year. It's kind of embarrassing to admit just how much my mood improves with the rising temperatures and melting snow. 
  • Devin and Krystal (Ryan's brother and sister-in-law) are coming to visit this weekend and everyone is excited as we anticipate their arrival. I realized that they might be our last family visitors to the east coast before we head west in a couple of months. How can that be? Where did the last 3 years go? It is definitely bittersweet to think of our last spring here in CT. I hope we make the most of it. 

He really wanted round Harry Potter glasses but these ones fit his face better. I think the red frames suit him well. 

7 comments:

Chris and Sally said...

Arizona!!! It's not Texas so I'm kinda sad but maybe we can road trip over to Phoenix. :) And I really wish Isaac had Harry Potter glasses...my favorite thing ever.

Chrissy Jo said...

Arizona!!!! Woohoo!!!! Congratulations, Sara and Ryan! This is wonderful news. Come January, I just might have to come visit you. ;-) Love the cute kids and love LOVE Isaac with his glasses. You have such fabulous children. Miss you!

Kelly said...

I go to Phoenix all the time!!!!! I can't wait to visit. It might be happening more often than you'd like.

Sam said...

holy sunscreen! I would be a burnt chip in AZ... it is is exciting news. Isaac officially looks like your Ryan's twin (only younger)

Matt and Erin said...

Whoo hoo! Arizona! Congrats.

Matt and Erin said...

Whoo hoo! Arizona! Congrats.

Krissi said...

A JOB! Wohooo! I'll be in AZ during June for a week, but I'll catch you next time for sure! It will be a grand reunion!