 |
| Showing off her perfectly round snowball thanks to these awesome Christmas Gifts. |
Here are a few things I want to remember about Maddie at 5 1/2:
- I love to listen to her educate Davis about everything in life. "Davis, you can't be a dad until you get married. In order to get married, you have to kiss a girl...but just once...unless you want to, then you can kiss her all the time." Davis reassured her that kissing wasn't a problem for him since he really likes it.
- She is really kind to her brothers...almost too kind sometimes because they have been known to take advantage of her good nature.
- She loves kindergarten. Her teacher is perfect to her in every way, and she could never choose one best friend in her class because she loves them all.
- She loves playing with My Little Ponies and Lego Friends. I am still amazed at how quietly and independently she can play for long periods of time. A stark contrast to the loud light saber battles that her brothers participate in daily. That said, she can battle with the best of them when she's feels like it.
- Upon getting home from school she loves to string her backpack, shoes, scarf, gloves, hat, and whatever else she packs with her all over the house. It usually takes me the rest of the afternoon to get her to clean up after herself--it's borderline impossible to do.
- I love seeing her nurturing side when she takes care of Nathan. She loves watching out for him and pretending that he is her baby. She gets after me any time I put him down and don't surround him with pillows---"Mom! Don't forget the pillows! What if baby Nathan falls?!"
- She has a really giving heart. Just today, she came home with all of her Valentine treats from school (winter break interferes with V-Day celebrations so the kids all had their parties today) and divided them among her brothers and myself. When I asked her why she did it she said, "I love sharing with others and making them happy! Even though you are my mom, we are all brothers and sisters and I want to share with you too!!"
- Maddie remains true to the philosophy, "It is better to ask forgiveness than permission." The teenage years should be exciting if her loyalty to that one stays true.
- Getting her out the door to the bus stop on time each morning feels nothing short of victorious as it takes constant supervision and coaxing (nagging). That said, we haven't missed the bus yet (due in part to a patient and kind bus driver).
- I love the tenderness that she brings to our family. My sweet only daughter is so special to us and we all love her so much! Her laughter is so contagious and I can't imagine what our home would be like without that sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment