Thursday, September 12, 2013

This Week...


I celebrated a birthday this week--35 big ones--and some friends and I headed to Sugar, a nearby bakery with amazing cupcakes. I had a really hard time choosing just six, but I finally narrowed it down to Lemon Drop, 'Smores, Peanut Butter Cup, Black Bottom Cheesecake, Hostess, and Apple Pie. I shared with my family but since it was mabirthday, I made them cut all the cupcakes up so I could sample each and every one. I highly recommend doing the same exact thing on your birthday. I had a great day and was spoiled all day long.
The crew outside the bakery. Sugar is owned by a mother/daughter duo. They won cupcake wars and have a booming business but it still has a small-town-bakery feel to it. They loved doting on all our blonde kids and even gave each of them their own cupcake. 

Could those thighs get any more squeezable? It was no easy task getting his thighs in that thing.

The kids are in the full swing of school and I am getting used rushed mornings, calmer days, and crazy afternoons. They are usually happy to see me in the afternoon but even happier to see one another, running off to play and fight and ignore any pleas I send their way to put their backpacks/shoes/jackets away. Both Isaac and Maddie seem to love school and Davis loves picking them up from the bus stop in the afternoon, so that makes me really happy.

Just this afternoon the kids were playing "Costume Party" when Maddie came up to me after putting on one of her princess dresses and asked, "Would you be a darling and help me button this dress, please?"

2 comments:

thepalmierifamily said...

Happy Birthday, and oh my awesomeness cupcakes!!!! They look amazing.

Kelly said...

Happy belated birthday!!!