Well, I've officially been pregnant longer with baby #4 than any other child. Today is my due date, and while Maddie was born on her due date, she came in the morning, so he has her beat for the baby who's spent the longest time in the womb. Thank you to all who have been so great about showing your love.
My mom has been in town for a week and it has been so great. While she has no baby to take care of yet, she has been taking care of all of us and pampering me every chance she gets. I tear up every time I think that she might not get to meet her grandson if he isn't born before Saturday, but I know that, either way, she'll get to meet him while he's still little. I had a pathetic pity party for myself yesterday, but this morning, after a good cry and a pep talk from my dear hubby, I am in much better spirits.
Here are a few recent pics of what we've been up to while waiting for little brother to show up:
 |
| Attending a basketball game at Isaac's school. |
 |
| Taking crazy pics of ourselves per Maddie's request. |
 |
| Davis has been lucky enough to share a room with Grandma while she's visiting. He wakes her up at the crack of dawn every morning by climbing into her bed and yelling, "Grandma! It's morning! I'm not tired anymore!!" |
 |
| Waiting for Maddie's preschool graduation to start. |
 |
| Maddie and three of her besties from preschool this year. |
 |
| Performing their songs during preschool graduation. |
 |
| This picture is terribly blurry, but it's the only one I got with Maddie and her preschool teacher, Mrs. K. She will be greatly missed this summer. |
.png) |
| As you can see, Davis is thrilled at the prospect of having Mrs. K. as a teacher next fall. |
3 comments:
I was hoping that the lack of posts the past week meant that maybe you'd had your baby! Tell your mom hi for me and I'll be sending positive, soon to deliver thoughts your way.
It probably doesn't help for me to say "I've been there!"--but I do know the feeling...and the tears. I'm sorry! I'm so glad your mom is there to hang out with you all and have some special time. I'm praying for you. Love you lots.
Nothing worse than "waiting". Find some good hills by your house and get walking. :) I tried it with Isabel and it didn't work. :) You're stronger than you know. You can do it!
Post a Comment