Maddie is giving a talk in primary tomorrow about how prophets teach us to live the restored Gospel. Here she is practicing for the camera. She had me write down exactly what she wanted to say (and corrected me if I didn't get it word for word--"It's not President Monson, mom, it's President Thomas S. Monson"). About 90% of the talk ended up being her words. It just took a few minutes to convince her that, just because it is Mother's Day tomorrow, it's not necessarily appropriate to deviate from the topic and just speak about all the ways she helps me to be a better mom.
Last night was the annual "Fathers and Sons Camp Out" with our church. Ryan didn't have to work so he made plans to take the boys camping for the first time. Ryan is not a camper. Neither of us are. In fact, in the 8+ years that I have known him, we have never been camping once, I considered this a real labor of love for our sons. Isaac, of course, was thrilled with the idea. When he got home from school yesterday he kept talking about how it was going to be the best night ever. It should be said that Isaac knows very little about camping. In fact, I think the great majority of his ideas about what camping is come from reading the Book of Mormon in I Nephi about Lehi's family living in a tent in the wilderness. That said, when Ryan got home from work, they pulled a few things together and were getting ready to head out the door.
"Dad?" Isaac questioned, "What exactly are we going to use to kill all the animals?"
Against his will, I was putting Davis to bed tonight. He was trying to come up with excuses about why he needed to leave his bedroom but I wasn't buying any of them. He looked at me and asked, "Why are you ruining my life!?"
2 comments:
Still laughing! I hope they had a successful Father/son campout without killing anything. :)
Don't you wonder, sometimes, why we try so hard to teach our kids how to speak! The things they say...
Good luck with these last few weeks! You can do this!!
Oh man, that video is great! ROFL!!!
Post a Comment