Sunday, December 9, 2012

From the Mouth of My Babes

The other day I found Maddie and Davis squeezing their own orange juice using clementines. I think they each managed to get about 1 teaspoon of juice. 
Maddie whispered in my ear the other day, "Last night, Papa came into my room when he got home from work and he gave me some marshmallows! He told me not to tell you but I decided that keeping it is secret isn't what God would want me to do, so that's why I'm telling you!"

Ike finished packing his lunch the other morning and I asked him what he decided to put in it, "String cheese, carrots, and an orange." he yelled to me from the kitchen. "But Isaac," Maddie chimed in, slightly concerned, "You don't even like carrots." In his best big brother voice, he counseled to her, "I know, Maddie, but I want to be healthy. Plus, if you don't eat carrots, you could go blonde. Do you know what going blonde is? It's when you can't see anything anymore! I do not want to go blonde."

3 comments:

maryp said...

I would love for our kids to meet! They would have the funnest time. You are such a great mom. Hope you are feeling great!!!

Chrissy Jo said...

What an honest little Maddie. ;-)

I love that you get Isaac to make his own lunch. I'm so glad he doesn't want to go "blonde". Hehe!

Laura Bernard said...

Love!How cute are they!!