Sunday, June 3, 2012

Working on Our Summer Bucket List



Preschool Field Trip to the Local Fire Station

I was a little jealous that I didn't get a chance at the fire hose like the kids did.


Knocking down a cone with a giant hose proved to be a lot of fun.

The preschool crew.
 The Farm
Maddie and her buddy checking out the farm's pig.

Giddy up!
No you can't have a goat for your birthday.

Milk that cow!

Isaac gave the hayride a thumbs up.

 The Bronx Zoo
Checking out the sea lions at the world's largest urban zoo. We can check another NYC borough off our list of places to visit. 

Getting geared up to see the animals. 
In front of the lion's lair.

Careful there, don't get too close...

After walking our keesters off all morning we took an afternoon monorail ride and saw many more animals from the comfort of our train car. 
The Beach
At our favorite local beach a few days ago. It's my goal to make it to the beach at least once a week. The kids were swimming like crazy in what had to be 40 degree water. Brrrrrr!
Orchard and Fruit Farm
CT is full of fruit farms and strawberry picking season began a couple of days ago. Getting Davis to refrain from eating the berries until after we paid was fruitless (pun intended!!! bahahahah!)

Maddie, on the other hand, was much more cautious and deliberate. She loved picking berries with her buddy, Emmy. Fresh-picked strawberries are heavenly.

An exhausting and adventurous couple of weeks. I think we better slow down or I might burn out by the end of the month...

3 comments:

Confidence with Corey said...

First of all your hat is adorable! And second, your kids are still the cutest ever! Love your blog. Keep the adventures rollin:)

Bits and Pieces said...

You are such a fun mom to take your kids on all these adventures. You'll look back at these moments and have good memories of CT in spite of the stress and fatigue you feel now. :)
I think that M. Hinkley quote fits you perfectly. I thought that the other day about you.

Carlee said...

We didn't make it to the berry patch, but we were still feeling pretty burned out after all those fun activities. I'm game for the beach once a week though!