Friday, June 8, 2012

Maddie Ruth @ Age 4

I was feeling nostalgic a few days ago and read through a post I wrote for Maddie's third birthday. I was surprised at how little her personality has changed over the past year. She is still very independent. Still very outgoing--I don't think there's a shy bone in her body. Still very stubborn. And still as animated as can be. Her grandma once described her years ago as being "La Joie de la Vie," which translates to "The Joy of Life."
One of my favorite things that Maddie says is "achooing" instead of "sneezing." As in, "Mom, I just keep achooing over and over because I'm sick!" I have never corrected her and I never will. I love it.


She knew I was taking her picture here. Nice pose, huh?

In typical 4-year-old fashion, Maddie is full of questions. Some of our funniest conversations as of late would not be appropriate for a public blog, but remind me to tell you sometime about a recent family scripture study time we had.
This little girl seems to subscribe to the philosophy that it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission. This belief, coupled with her fierce independence and spirited personality tend to keep me (and my makeup bag) on our toes.

She is thoughtful and kind and loves to write little notes or put little treats in our personal mailboxes.
If Maddie's life were a movie, it would most certainly be a musical. She is always singing and dancing her way through everything. This particular morning she kept belting out, "I Often Go Walking..." as we trudged through the strawberry field.

After going back and forth for months about Maddie's preschool situation in the fall, I decided to enroll her in a formal classroom (none of my kids have done that before---we've always done a neighborhood co-op). She is thrilled at the prospect and is already talking about her teacher and how much fun she is going to have.  
We sure do love you, Maddie.

No comments: