Friday, April 6, 2012

From the Mouth of My Babe

Isaac with his friend, Mark, at McDonald's. I've recently started a new tradition with my kids (that I learned from my Iowa sister, Robyn) in order to keep up with all the parties and presents that come with friends having birthdays---instead of giving a gift, we go on a special play date to McDonald's for ice cream and play land fun. It really saves my pocketbook from taking a big hit and the kids seem to all enjoy it. Plus, it gives their moms a little break for an hour or two. Win/win/win.
I overheard a conversation between Maddie and Davis the other day in which Maddie was bossing D around:
Maddie: "Now give me a hug, Dave, and tell me that you love me."
Davis (while embracing his big sis): "I wuv you, honeeeey...Oh honey, I wuv you!"

1 comment:

thepalmierifamily said...

If that doesn't melt your heart, I don't know what does! Thanks big D for making me smile (and melt)!