Monday, September 12, 2011

9.10.11

Ryan had to attend a meeting the morning of my birthday, so I convinced a friend to wake up with me before the sun and start the day with a run. It was her b-day gift to me and it was awesome.
When the kids woke up we headed to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast. Davis seemed to enjoy the caramel apple variety.

After breakfast we came home and opened a couple of presents from far away family. Maddie was gifted this coin purse by her namesake and she loved it. It came with a $1 inside so we jetted over to the DollarTree (my kids love them dollar stores) to spend her loot. Ike and D were each given some money to spend as well.

Shortly after we got home, so did Ryan. My cute hubby took the kids upstairs and wrapped my presents in shirts because there was no wrapping paper to be found in the house. Innovative, right? Isaac made sure before I opened the gifts that I knew that I shouldn't "tear the shirts, because they aren't paper, mom!"

After lunch we celebrated with cheesecake (my favorite!).

A couple of days ago Isaac told me, "I'm so excited for your birthday I can't even stand it!"

That night, Ryan and I got to venture out on our own to dinner and a movie. It did not disappoint. I heart Aibileen!
 I had a wonderful day and I "can't even stand it" til I get to celebrate 34 years. Thanks so much for all the phone calls, emails, text messages, cards, and packages!

2 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was almost as fabulous as you are.

Becky said...

Glad you had a great birthday! I understand the male wrapping-paper. Gavin used to wrap mine in manila envelopes from work. :)

Wasn't The Help awesome! I took Mary-Ann (or she took me), anyway major heart that movie.

Happy 33!