Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Snip, Snip

Maddie took the plunge this afternoon and went from flowing locks to a bouncy bob.
Here she is just before heading to the hairdresser.

Upon arriving at the salon, Maddie walked up to the hair stylist and exclaimed, "I'm here to get my haircut!" Pretty sure there's not a shy bone in this little girl's body.

The after. She couldn't wait to go home and show her daddy.

I felt like I came in the door with one little girl and left with another, but I love her new look and it seems as though she does too.

As much as I would like to think that my influence changed her from wanting only Rapunzel hair to suddenly being ready for a haircut, I owe it all to Dora and Boots and this video that we found at the library a few days ago. That, and Isaac reassuring Mads that getting your haircut "doesn't hurt, it just tickles a little bit."

10 comments:

allie said...

Oh my gosh, that is so stinkin cute!!!!

Jamie said...

Very cute!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

The bob is the "It" haircut of the season! She looks fantastic.

Nikki said...

She is adorable! I love it!

Liz said...

So stylish! I love it.

Matt and Erin said...

So cute! Mads is rockin' the new do! BTW, this morning I pulled up your blog to get a recipe (which I do frequently since you're the queen in the kitchen). Skylie saw your family's picture at the top and exclaimed, "Isaac, Maddie."

It made me a little sad later when I told her we were going to the pool and she asked if "Isaac, Maddie" were going to be there. :(

Kelly said...

She looks adorable!

Becky said...

Wow, she looks adorable! I'm amazed you were able to talk her into it. I'm sure she'll still have magical powers- they're just ingrained in her personality.

Chrissy Jo said...

Ahhh! Super cute! We all checked out her new do and Lyssa said "She has short hair just like me!" Maddie will always be adorable no matter what her hair looks like, but I'm sure this will be a lot easier for everyone to manage. :-)

Jill Hansen said...

I love her hair!!! She is so gorgeous : )