Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Loving Right Now...

Pineapple Chobani Greek yogurt. Best flavor by far.

Thermal Blackout curtains. Because we are the eastern end of the east coast time zone, it gets light here around 5am. These curtains help keep things cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and my kids sleeping for hours after the sun starts to shine. 

I love any workout video by Jillian Michaels (she scares me), but this one is my latest fave.  30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism get honorable mentions.
Rain in Connecticut. Did you know that it rains more inches per year in New England than in Seattle? Seattle has more rainy days, but we get harder downpour. It reminds me of my mission days in the Dominican Republic. It makes everything unbelievably green. So green, in fact, that when we were about 5 minutes away from ending our cross-country trek en route to CT, I told Isaac we were getting really really close to our new home. In a panic he belted out, "But I don't want to live in a forest!!"
Running in the rain makes me as happy as can be, and I get giddy every time I think about how beautiful fall here will be. 


Living so close to so many awesome cities. We took a day trip to Boston earlier this week. Here we are in front of the Boston Harbor. We got to spend the afternoon with Ryan's brother (Devin and Krystal are vacationing in Boston right now) and explore the city a tiny bit. Can't wait to go back.


4 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Thanks for the workout recommend - I'm adding it to my wish list. And keep the day trips coming. I love seeing your adventures on the East Coast!

Kelly said...

I LOVE Boston. Did you get a chance to check out the Children's muesuem there? If not it is fantastic. I really need to drive up that way. I miss the green. The grass is all turning brown down here.

Liz said...

Dear Sara, You may not remember me. I was the woman who you visit taught valiantly through my first year in Des Moines and never adequately reciprocated all the kindness you gave. You are an amazing woman and I can't believe I let you move away without saying a proper goodbye/thank you. Also, somehow your blog was deleted from my reader list during one of my virtual housekeeping moments. Yours and several others, actually. Anyway, I'm back to stalking you via cyberspace and have truly enjoyed catching up on all of your adventures. Have a great time in residency!

(I know you remember me.) (probably)

Boni said...

Love this post! I can't wait to see the pictures of CT in the fall! :)