Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm Afraid to let My 4-Year-Old Use the Stairs

Remember when I said that our steep and narrow stairs were the bane of my existence? That hasn't changed.

Isaac tried to run down the stairs last night and fell and broke his arm (the elbow, to be exact).  He spent a whopping 10.5 hours in two different hospital emergency rooms. It was a pretty nasty break.

I have never considered myself a helicopter parent (I make an effort not to hover), but I think I'll carry him up and down the stairs from now on, just until he's old enough to date. 


Faking a smile. Luckily Sid the Science Kid marathons are keeping him distracted and entertained. Looks like the beach will have to wait for awhile. 

8 comments:

Chris and Sally said...

Poor Isaac! My kids have taken a few spills down the stairs but no broken bones. I love Maddie's hair cut. I took Brooke to get her's cut for the first time and I couldn't let them take more than a few inches off. You are brave! Or maybe just tired of doing her hair. Also, I love pineapple chobani too! Can't get enough. Next year I need to come visit you.

Kelly said...

Oh poor Isaac and poor you!! This is from Chase,"Dear Isaac, I hope you feel better. Sorry Isaac you fell down on the stairs." He's been talking a lot about Isaac lately. He keeps saying it would be really cool if he lived next door. I can't disagree with that one.

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Chin up, Isaac. But no more trips down the stairs, OK? Take it easy on your Mom for a while - I don't think she can take any more spills for the next 4 years or so. Heal fast!

Liz said...

Oh, Poor Isaac! And poor you! Que te mejores!

Jamie said...

Ahhh...poor Isaac. I hope he feels better soon. :(

Chrissy Jo said...

Oh dear! Poor Isaac. And poor you! 10+ hours? That is craziness. I'm so sorry, my friend. He is going to have the craziest stories to tell when he grows up.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Oh man! I'm SO SO SO sorry. The ER is a nasty place. Brave little man. Brave mom. I hope he heals quickly.

Laura Bernard said...

Seriously, Another broken bone? Bad luck, woman! And sounds like the hospital trip was a nightmare. I hope you didn't have Maddie and Davis with you . . .

Good luck enduring a hot summer with a cast. No fun.

And LOVE Maddie's hair! Lovely as always!