Tonight we celebrated our favorite things in grand Oprah style during our 4th annual
Favorite Things Party. I am going to miss Iowa so much and the people in it even more! Thanks ladies for a great night!
 |
| Chrissy is definitely one of my favorite things. She has taken hundreds of pictures of my children and family, but this is the very first picture I have of the two of us together. She strategically planned to be on vacation when all the graduates make their grand exodus so that she doesn't have to say goodbye to anyone. Pure genius if you ask me. No need to say goodbye to her since she'll totally be visiting me in Connecticut. |
 |
| Obligatory picture of the crowd of ladies. |
 |
| I know this picture of Robyn is blurry, but seriously, isn't it classic? Totally hoping she gets her name drawn out for a gift. Every year Robyn wins the award for most enthusiastic. Tonight was no exception. |
 |
| Liz wins the award for most creative with three different favorite things. Every year I cross my fingers that I will win one of her gifts because they are always the hit of the party, whether they are homemade aprons, a cd of sweet jams for a road trip, or tonight, a Cooks Illustrated magazine, among other things. |
 |
| Nikki, myself, and Erin. Nikki works for DMU and is one of my local Iowa friends--I scored one of the cupcakes she brought as her favorite thing...muy delisioso. Erin and I met four years ago when her husband started at DMU the same year as Ryan. She's headed to Indianapolis and I'm already planning on inviting myself out to visit her. |
 |
Hilery and I. My only regret with this woman is that I didn't get to know her better years ago--she is such a reliable friend! I am praying for a Hilery or two in New Haven. I could really use a friend like her!
I was lucky enough to win some of her sweet favorite nail polish and facial lotion.
Don't hate me because I like to post multiple pictures of myself on my blog. It is my blog after all, isn't it? |
7 comments:
Such cute pictures! Sara you look AMAZING! Looks like a great night. Love seeing pictures of familiar faces. Only wish I could have been there on the action! Picture of Robyn...classic!!!
I think my new favorite thing is your shirt. Where can I get one?
Thanks for the shout out... you are very kind! It was a great party but sad to think it is your last. We need to get together before you go.
P.S. Can you send me a copy of the picture??
Oh, looks lovely! And your shirt does look darling! I ended up spending the evening completely alone and LOVED it! Aaron took all the kids to DM since he had to head that way anyway so I worked like mad getting long overdue jobs done! I finished my book on tape and got in a few spanish lessons too. It was great, except that I knew I was missing the party! But we'll have our own on Wednesday . . .
I am so sad I missed this favorite things party, I wish I was in Iowa just for that party alone. Seriously, that is one of my favorite memories of Iowa!
Thanks Jessie! My friend got it for me at H&M in the Mall of America. I'm not sure if they have online shopping yet, but they are supposed to be getting it soon.
One of the many things I'm looking forward to about CT is that H&Ms are plentiful (as are Trader Joe's)!
We are getting an H&M in Utah soon! It's coming to Fashion Place Mall.
I will have to check! It's adorable!
Post a Comment