Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bye-Bye Baby

The other night I showed Ryan a picture of Davis from a few months ago.

"Remember when he used to be such a good, easy baby?" he commented. "I miss those days."

{Sigh}. In the last month or so my baby boy has turned into a master at throwing tantrums, getting jealous, pulling hair, and squawking "NO!! NO!!" while simultaneously running away from me.

Every one of my children has gone through this stage and every time I forget just how sad it is to kiss their babyhood goodbye. Not that I want Davis to be a baby forever. But I'm just not ready to rejoice in his independence quite yet.

He knows how to use those baby blues to get exactly what he wants, exactly when he wants it.

See what I mean?

When he is happy, he is really, really happy.

He is walking everywhere and getting into everything, including garbage cans, toilets, dishwashers, and dirty laundry baskets. He has decided to follow in his older siblings' footsteps and show no fear on the playground as well, attempting to dive head first down slides and staircases. And he has the bruises to prove it.



But I do love his determination.

And even though he has a flare for the dramatic, he gives the best hugs ever, so we'll keep him.

Most of the time, Ike and Maddie don't think he's half bad. Most of the time.
All photos taken by Miss Chrissy Jo Parkinson.

1 comment:

Chrissy Jo said...

That boy DOES know how to use his baby blues! He melts my heart almost every time I see him. What a cutie.