Monday, February 21, 2011

La Casita

Upon coming back to Iowa for these last four months before Ryan graduates, we found a little house that has been perfect for our family, and the landlord was even willing to let us sign a short-term lease.

I can't tell you how much I love being in a house! I am trying to live it up since we have no idea what our living arrangements will be during residency. Here are a few pictures of my favorite things about our new casita:

Our little baby blue house.

The kitchen nook is one of my favorite parts of the house. During the day I love to pull up all the blinds, and I can't wait to open up the windows when it gets warmer.

There is a mudroom as you walk through the front door. The kids love keeping their shoes on all the benches.
This little runny-nosed guy loves racing his cars all over the house. Like most crawlers, he loves the bathroom and makes a b-line for the potty every time the door is accidentally left open (which is all.the.time).
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I love that this one has so much cupboard space. I'm pretty sure that dishwasher you see was the very first model ever built. It sounds like Cape Canaveral throughout the entire house every time we run it, but it washes dishes like a champ. Quite certain it isn't energy-efficient. 


5 comments:

Maryann said...

Love the dishwasher. I'm very grateful for dishwashers.

The little mudroom is very cool. It's sometimes hard to open the front door for all the little shoes that have been haphazardly kicked off.

Maryann said...

I meant the front door at my house of course.

Ashley said...

I totally love home pictures, and ESPECIALLY inside home pictures, and ESPECIALLY of yours ;). Your house is darling and I love how you've already made it home. Girl, you are like the most positive person ever, making what could totally be annoying (packing up and unpacking, only to pack up shortly in a few months all over again) situation, the best ever. I heart you. And miss you. And am so jealous Robyn and Laura get you so close again.

REALLY????

;) But I love it and Robyn told me of your standing THursday play dates and I so wish I could come and play too.

It's 1 am so I'm figuring you're asleep, but maybe around noon when I finally really wake up from napping while Gavin watches cartoons (my schedule is so screwed up if you can't already tell) I'll call because I have no car tomorrow and I want to talk to you right now!!
Over and out g/f.

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Adorable house! And so envious of your dishwasher.

Samantha R said...

I would love a mud room! Have fun in your house!