Sunday, February 13, 2011

Handprint Hearts

My friend Megan introduced me to this blog recently, and I loved the handprint heart idea. I am not into painting much, but I decided I needed to branch out and give this one a try. It turned out to be a lot of fun and the kids were big fans of finger painting, so it looks like we are into it now.
Here is Maddie, prepped with her apron and ready to crack open the paint. Not sure why but I love this picture of her.

Ike's favorite colors right now are red (think Lightning McQueen) and pink (think pink is almost like red and red is like Lightning McQueen--don't tell him pink is only for girls...). Since he got to use both colors for his heart, he was thrilled.


They are currently decorating our fridge. I wrote things I love about them around the outside edges. 

Maddie finger-painting after we finished the hand prints. 

Helping decorate mini cupcakes for some of Maddie and Isaac's Valentines.



This week we attempted what I once thought would be completely insane: Putting all three kids in one room together. So far it's actually working out! Ike's old room is now the toy room. We did this for two reasons: 1) The toy room gets really cold at night and we found ourselves piling tons of blankets on the poor boy in hopes of keeping him warm, and 2) we wanted a room where the kids can play and keep the toys (somewhat) contained. They love sleeping in the same room and I love having the extra room for the kids to play. Win/Win, baby.
 Crossing my fingers that this one keeps working!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Darling crafts! Super cute handwriting ps! And hello, I'm dying to know how things are in IA. So glad to be back? missing UT at all? Loving your house? I want all the details - so call or email or text me whenever you get a chance! Plus, I want pics of your cute home for the next couple months.

Can you believe your almost done???????????? And doesn't Ryan find out soon where y'all are going? So exciting!

Maryann said...

Love the handprints and that you took the time to write about why you love your children. I'm feeling pangs of guilt now.:)

Yeah for a toy room! My children have always been in the same room. It does work...especially if they don't know any different. Sidon was screaming last night instead of going to sleep. I'm talking scary tantrum screaming. He doesn't normally do that but my girls still fell asleep and were dreaming peacefully through it whenever I went in to try and soothe him.