Isaac is three and a half years old this week. Where has the time gone? Here is the latest on my big boy:

- Isaac reminds me so much of Ryan. Not only his outward appearance, but his quiet nature and easy-going personality.
- He may be Lightning McQueen's biggest fan. I would have thought that by now he'd have other obsessions (maybe Buzz or Woody?), but his heart belongs to that red car. Grandpa Mike even calls him "Lightning" and Ike always responds by making the sound of a revving engine.
- His current food favorites are yogurt, raisin bran, pizza, his mama's homemade enchiladas, ice cream, chocolate, most fruits, and just about anything sweet.
- One of Ike's favorite pastimes is riding his tricycle outside while Davis and I sit and watch him. He LOVES Davis and will do just about anything to make him smile or laugh. I love the special bond that they have. Just this afternoon, Davis was tired and cranky and Isaac just kept singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to him over and over because it kept big D from crying. It was one of those special motherhood moments that I don't think I'll ever forget.

- He is learning all sorts of colorful phrases from my Dad these days, but one of his favorite new words (courtesy of Grandpa Mike), is "knucklehead." He often refers to himself, Maddie, and especially Grandpa, as a "knucklehead" and he always bursts into a fit of laughter after name calling.
- He picks me a flower almost every day from the honeysuckle bushes outside my parents' house and insists that I put them in my hair.
- He loves to boss Maddie around, and surprisingly, she usually listens to him.
- He was so excited the night that Ryan pulled up to the house after being gone all summer that he started to shake when he saw him through the window. The next morning when he saw Ryan carrying his backpack in from the car, he got the saddest look on his face and quietly asked, "Papa, are you going back to school again already?" It just about broke my heart until he started smiling while Ryan explained that he didn't have to go back to school again for a long time. He sure loves his dad.
- He is NOT a morning person, and has been known to slap his sister for talking to him too much, too soon in the morning. He does not appreciate her upbeat personality when he first wakes up.
- He is the king of stalling, and will go to great lengths to delay nap time, bedtime, going to the bathroom, or any other activity that he deems unpleasant.
- I am so proud of the little boy that Isaac has become and am so happy he is a part of our family.
 |
| Sharing his trike with his cousin, Fischer. They are only two days apart and two peas in a pod. |
2 comments:
Great post on Ike! and Maddi (the previous one). Your so on top of your blogging :) Ike is such a sweet boy. I miss his cute face. I love the pic of him and Davis...what a CHUNK! (that would be Davis, not Isaac). That's cute about him shaking when he saw Ryan. I remember Natali doing the same thing, she even started crying. I am so glad that you are all united right now. Such a great feeling. Miss you!!
I miss this little guy too. What a sweet boy.
Post a Comment