Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Spinach Pasta Salad

My sister introduced me to this salad shortly after moving to Utah and I absolutely love it. It is especially delicious in the summer. I will try to post a picture of it the next time I make it, but if you are a pasta fan and a spinach fan, you will like this one. 

Spinach Pasta Salad

 8 oz. baby spinach
12 oz pkg pasta, cooked (I like to use Rotini)
3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (Rotisserie chicken works great as well and tastes amazing)
3 tbsp seame seeds
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

Dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp rice vinegar

Combine all ingredients for dressing. Shake well. Mix all other ingredients together. Pour dressing mix over salad mix just before serving. 
When I made this salad I added a tablespoon of fresh grated ginger to the dressing and it was awesome! I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds yummy....I will have to try it!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Oh how I love your recipe recommendations! Can't wait to try this one.

Ted and Hilery said...

Sounds delicious... I make the Garlic Spinach Chicken Pasta dish from you, all the time! I love that one, so I know I will love this one. Thanks!