Sunday, April 4, 2010

When Grandma comes to Town...

Everyone gets spoiled! My mom came into town last Thursday and we have loved having her here. She has been such a great help as I recover from Davis' birth and the kids are on cloud nine. And everyone is enjoying all the homemade cooking she is doing.

I am learning so much from her by watching her interact with my kids. Grandmas have endless patience, don't they? I am realizing that I need to loosen up a little with my kids and not worry as much about the messes that they might make along the way. Now if I could just convince her that I need her here for a couple of months instead of just one more week...

Making cupcakes with Grandma---I'm pretty sure she ate the tops off of 5 or 6 of them.

Grandma doesn't mind if he uses half a bottle of sprinkles on one cupcake, why should I?

Isaac and Teairsa at the neighborhood egg hunt yesterday.

Maddie waiting for the egg hunt to start. She had a really hard time understanding why she couldn't go until the fire engine let off it's siren, signaling that it was time to start.
Ryan and Davis. The baby's been looking a little yellow the past few days so we thought we'd take him out to get some sun. 
Grandma put together another egg hunt for the kids around the house on Easter morning. 

Isaac checking out his loot.

We love you, Grandma!





6 comments:

Kelly said...

Aren't moms the best. I'm so glad she can be her for you. Tell her thanks again for the rolls. Austin said, "These are the best rolls ever mom. You should get the recipe!" I will need to get that recipe from you. Enjoy your week with her.

maryp said...

Seriously, Grammy's are the best! Happy Easter Payne Family!!

maryp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Moms are GREAT! I am so glad she is here with you. I feel the same way whenever I leave grandma's house about messes and patience. I worry to much & try to control too much, when I should just relax and let them enjoy the moment or experience. Moms teach us such great things. I wish we could be a little closer to our moms.

shauni said...

Grandmas are the BEST. I'm so glad you are able to spend some time with her. I am so impressed that you are out Easter egg hunting already- you really are Super Mom! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Trieste said...

Grandmas are definitely the best and I totally hear ya on the extra patience part. BTW...what camera do you have? I love your pictures!!!