Friday, February 12, 2010

My Favorite School Day of the Year

This past fall some friends and I started a little joy school for our boys. They meet every Friday and we take turns teaching and watching younger siblings for each other. It has been so much more successful than any of us thought it would and it is one of the highlights of Isaac's week. From what my friends say, the other boys love it as much as he does.
I was in charge of teaching today's class, and when I realized it fell on Valentine's day weekend, I was super-excited. As an elementary school teacher, Valentine's day was my favorite day of the year. What's not to love about everyone giving and receiving Valentines? Mandy and I took a few pictures today of the boys since it's the first time I've remembered the camera since we started our little joy school.
A few of the boys singing the welcome to preschool song. We have missed one of the 5 little boys, Alec, who has been in Utah for the past two weeks.
For their art project they decorated Valentine "mailboxes" (aka paper lunch sacks). Chase here seems to be the most artistically inclined one of the group--he loves art projects.
Isaac, not so much. He is usually the first one done--about 30 seconds after we start.Since we are learning about friendship this month, Carter and Chase are here playing a game and learning to share and take turns. They did a great job.
And what's Valentine's day without too much sugar? I'm pretty sure Harrison liked his cupcake.
...and so did Carter.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Chase had so much fun! Thanks for such a great class.

Robyn said...

I'm loving this preschool. These boys are the best!! Harrison had a great time, thank you!!