Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Kicker

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and while he was monitoring the baby's heartbeat, our little babe started kicking a few times. The doctor thought it was hilarious and couldn't get enough of how active the little bambino was.

I, on the other hand, thought the most interesting thing about the whole situation was the fact that these mini kicks the baby was performing for the doc were nothing compared to the karate chops I feel all day long from inside my belly.
Literally, there are times when I am laying in bed at night and this baby can make the whole bed move with how hard s/he kicks.
My memory may be failing me, but I'm pretty sure this is our most active child in the womb.
"Is it a boy or a girl?" my doctor asked, still chuckling.

"We don't know. It's a surprise." I replied.

"Oh, this baby is definitely a boy." (judging from the kicking, I assume).

Clearly, he hasn't met Maddie.
I'm pretty sure mellow is a word that has never been used to describe my children (they get it from my side of the family), and it looks like our little peanut is already following in the footsteps of it's siblings.

I am in for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my children just the way they are, but could I pre-order one that doesn't climb on top of the kitchen table multiple times a day or use their new baby stroller to hoist themselves up on top of the entertainment center? We could use a little mellow around here.
Isaac the Nephite...or is it Lamanite?Maddie following suit.How could I not love this face?

2 comments:

maryp said...

precious kids!

Andrea said...

Kate was my kicker too! Same thing--it would shake the bed. She is pretty calm...once she was born we realized she just wanted to be able to stretch! She would sleep w/ arms and legs stretched out when onl a few days old! My other two had to be swaddled.

We can't wait until the new one arrives!!! I'm so excited for you.