Friday, November 13, 2009

Ultrasound

I had my 20-week ultrasound this afternoon. We opted not to find out the gender of the baby, so it will be another 20 weeks or so before it's known whether a little bambino or a little bambina will join the family. Our little peanut was being somewhat uncooperative, so I'm not sure if the technician would have been able to tell us the gender if we had wanted her to. :-)
My bet is on a boy; Isaac, on the other hand, keeps talking about wanting another baby sister. We'd be thrilled with either one.
Profile
View of the baby with their spine up and their face down.
The best news of the day was that the doctor said everything looks great and the baby seems to be growing and developing right on track. We can't wait for this new addition to join our family next spring.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always such a relief when everything looks good...yay for a healthy baby!

Jamie said...

Sara that first comment was from me, I guess Emily was logged in.
Jamie :)

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Oh its for sure a girl.. JK. I have no idea. How exciting. I think its fun that you're waiting.. you already have a boy & a girl, so clearly you're all set with clothes. Congrats again:)

Chrissy Jo said...

Yay for happy healthy ultrasounds and grooving babies! This little one may be a mover and shaker already, but that's a good thing, right? I love it and I'm so excited for you!!!!

maryp said...

Beautiful baby! Beautiful spine and gorgeous little profile! I'm impressed with anyone who can wait to find out what they are having! I always have to find out!! I'm way too impatient!

Amanda Wilson said...

Yeah! Congratulations on everything being okay and baby healthy. I hope you are feeling better now that you are 20 weeks. Can't wait for 20 more weeks so we can find out what is in your cute belly! We do know that for sure it will be adorable.

Kelly said...

Yeah for not finding out. I don't think I could wait that long but I hear it is so much fun on delivery day. I've got dibbs on the other two kiddos that day. :)

Ashley said...

So glad Baby Payne is healthy & looking great - that IS the best news of the day. I think I could ONLY wait until delivery to find out what we're having if I was in your same situation with already having a boy and a girl. Oh the wait would be hard though - patience and not knowing are not my strong suits.

I can't wait until another 20 weeks passes and we all find out ;). Heck, I can't even believe you're 20 weeks - it's flying by for me....how about you? :).

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

So so happy that everything looks good, that is wonderful news! Can't wait to meet this sweet baby Payne!

Trieste said...

Congrats! I think it will be so fun for you to wait and find out...I agree that it's perfect since you already have one of each. I'm 22 weeks so we're close...how fun. We couldn't wait to find out and we're having a boy! Everyone I know right now is having boys so I guess that's my guess for now! Let me know when you're out here this summer so we can get the hijitos together!