
Today I'm thankful for our apartment. I have been known to daydream of a house of our own and complain about living in a small space (my husband can attest to it) . Today I thought of all the reasons why living in an apartment is so great. This is what I came up with:
- It only takes me a couple of hours to clean the entire apartment--bathrooms, floors, kitchen, and all.
- Because we share a washer and dryer with 11 other apartments, there are two washers and two dryers in the laundry room. Two loads at once means I get laundry done twice as fast.
- We pay very little to keep the place cool in the summer and practically nothing to keep it warm in the winter.
- I am convinced that, because my children share a room, they are better sleepers than they would have been if I had the space to separate them (and believe me, I would have separated them--remember my post about Isaac jumping in Maddie's crib? Enough said).
- There are six other families in our complex that we consider good friends. It is so nice to have so many people we can count on living so close, and I never have a problem finding help if I need anything from any of them.
4 comments:
HA! I remember an episode of Roseanne where Becky was living in a trailer and they were trying to look on the bright side. Someone said "It must be nice being able to vacuum your whole house without changing outlets." I always thought of that when I used to vacuum my apartment.
I just love your "thankful" posts. I very much look forward to them.
I love these thankful posts!
We do love apartment living for now. :)
(But if we're still in these cramped quarters after our husbands have been through 10+ years of post high school education, I'm going to be howling in protest.) Haha!
I love this post! I am also guilty of complaining about apartment living, you have very good reasons why it is so great.
Post a Comment