Sunday, June 21, 2009
Oops...
Isaac hates getting his hair cut. I mean he HATES it. I'm pretty sure he would rather get vaccinated than have me cut his hair. We're talking screaming and thrashing and alligator tears.
This morning we decided it needed to be done. Ryan was holding him down while I used the clippers. There was a little bit of dialogue between Ryan and I as to whether or not we should just buzz him for the summer. I remember it going something like this:Ryan: "Should we just buzz him?"
Me: "Sure. I'm fine with that if you are."
Ryan: "Yeah, let's just buzz him."
We both consented to buzz him, right? So that's what I started to do. And of course, I went right down the middle of his little head with the clippers. That's when I realized my mistake. It was SOOO short! I may as well have used a bic razor on him. But there was no turning back. The damage had been done.
Ryan remembers our conversation going a little more like this:
Ryan: "I don't think we should buzz him, do you?"
Me: "Of course we should, move out of my way!" (as I begin shaving Isaac's head).
As his mother, I still think he looks handsome. But I can't wait for his hair to grow a bit. He doesn't seem to mind. He keeps rubbing his hand over his head because he likes the way it feels.
WARNING: Feel free to tease me to your heart's content about this mishap, but be aware that I might burst into tears if you do. It's a semi-sensitive subject right now...The silver lining is that his hair is so short we won't have to have this traumatic experience again for at least another six months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
After fighting with Wyatt every time, we finally buzzed him as well. It's nice to know we have a little while before we have to go through it again.
I like it! Isaac always looks adorable!
Don't worry, we have accidentally done the same thing to Beckett and Fischer. And once I accidentally did it to Neil! It will grow back before you know it!
That is the best thing with boys'/mens' hair...it grows so fast and it will be so much cooler for the summer heat! Just be careful and make sure to use sunscreen...Curt made the mistake of shaving his head just like that and then, was outside working all day in the sun and had a nasty sunburn!!!
I think he looks so dang cute! It is never too short for summer.
I think Matt and I had the same conversations when we buzzed Justin's hair. I was going to take a little off the sides, and, well, ended up taking it all off. Good thing they are still handsome no matter what!
He looks 100% adorable as ever. When we cut Isaac's for the first time my vision of a buzz and Ben's vision were TOTALLY different. I shed several tears.
Ha, Ha. I think he still looks cute too. I saw him in nursery and just wanted to rub his little head. The pictures make it look he doesn't have any hair left but in real life it doesn't look quite as short. I have to be honest Chase acts the same way every time we cut his hair. I wanted to buzz it last time but then I realized we are getting family pictures next week and my mom probably wouldn't appreciate it. Oh and don't forget to put plenty of sunblock on his cute little head next time he goes outside.
Oh I love it!
Cute little Isaac looks adorable as always! And I really do think it will grow back fast. Funny story though!
Eleanor looked at that picture and said,"Aah, Isaac's bald!"
I think it's brilliant for summer! Too bad Gavin won't go for that yet. And as much as Eleanor likes brushing her hair, I'm tempted to buzz her too. :)
I think he's so cute! It looks great! Matt and I have conversations like that all the time! (I'm sure the crazy idea is always Matt's idea, but he somehow points it back to me!) Haha! Too funny!
Oh we did the same thing to Carson I think more that once. You would think that I would have learned. We just called him our little cancer patient. Don't worry it grows back so fast. We will buzz Carson for you before you get to town so Isaac has a buddy!!!!
I did the same thing to my little brother... he was 21:) Good job!
I love it too girl! No worries! He looks adorable:)
He looks just as adorable as ever! His hair will grow back and then you'll want to cut it that short again so that you don't have to go through the pain of cutting it quite as often!
I love it! What a cutie. I love the new hair... it'll be great for summer. Heather
Aaron is the same way not only about cutting hair, but about washing it too. We're talking blood curdling screams that last a long time. I think he'll end up looking like a girl before he gets another hair cut. The other cuts he's gotten Paolo tells me he looks like a friar. So bald isn't so bad. :)
isaac looks cute but i have another problem sara. as i was looking at your blog and the favorite recipe section i was more than a bit irritated that my famous 5 lb lasagna was nowhere to be found. not to mention your mothers honey butter and you uncle shads secret recipe for digem. an explanation is in order dont you think?
Post a Comment