Sunday, June 7, 2009

One

Maddie giving one of her "besos."

Little Madelyn turned one today. We sure love our baby girl. She is many things to our family, including a princess, a drama queen, a tornado (because she refuses to be held and usually tries to spin out of your arms when you try to contain her), a daredevil, and most importantly a little light in our family. Here are some facts about Maddie:
  • She loves it when you sing to her and will clap for you anytime you do.
  • She loves being the center of attention.
  • She still loves guacamole, hummus, anything sweet, and her latest favorite is grapes.
  • She is an awesome sleeper and has been since she was six weeks old.
  • She is an easy-going little girl as long as you give her whatever she wants, right when she wants it (we'll keep her just the way she is, drama and all!)
  • She loves to wave bye-bye and has even been know to wave good-bye to her milk after she throws it off her high chair tray.
  • She will clap for herself on cue whenever you cheer, "Yay Maddie!"
  • Her big brother can make her laugh like no one else. He watches out for her (and tattles on her as well).
  • She is starting to say her first words, though only her parents' ears can decipher most of what she says. Her first word was che, as in leche---it is still the first word out of her mouth almost every morning when I get her out of her crib (Can I get a buenos dias, mama, please?). She also says Papa, Mama (but she'll usually only say this when in distress), beso, galleta (Spanish for cookie---though you have to use your imagination to understand that one) and bebe (Spanish for baby).
  • She makes the best kissy face and will give "besos" or blow kisses to just about anyone who asks.
  • She hates getting her diaper changed.
  • She still crawls most of the time to get around, but is walking more and more every day--she has a big bruise on her forehead from the other day when she tried to walk by herself and the book shelf caught her fall.
  • She is fearless--and a little wreckless.
  • Her favorite toys are keys, wallets (Ryan calls her our little gold digger), and water bottles.
  • She would swing all day long if I would push her.
  • She is our little angel and I don't know what we ever did without her.
Happy Birthday, Maddie! We love you!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! I love that she waves bye bye to her milk when she throws it off the high chair! Too cute Miss Maddie!

Kelly said...

Happy birthday Maddie. I can't believe she is one already. We sure love her too. My favorite thing about Maddie is how she just searches for anyone to make eye contact with her and when they do her whole face just lights up and so does whoever was lucky enough to get caught. Thanks for sharing her with us once in awhile.

allie said...

Happy birthday maddie! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! You are a sweet and charming baby girl!

Ashley said...

Wow - already 1 - where has this year gone? I've been meaning to post that I was on crack thinking her bday was 6/4 - but I'm glad I was thinking it was close...;).

We're making fruit salsa right now - and I am thinking of you the entire time we're making it!!!! I SO WISH you weren't going to be out of town the majority of July - L.A.M.E.!!! (Though I know you'll have a blast)

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Maddie.....it has been fun to watch you grow over the last year!

Chrissy Jo said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! Your smile has stolen my heart from the first time I met you! You're a beautiful, delightful, charming little girl. Thanks for being Lyssa's baby buddy. :-)

Laura Bernard said...

Love the beso picture! Too cute! And as always the hair is fantastic. Happy Birthday Maddie! You're one lucky girl!