Monday, December 15, 2008

Why Parents Celebrate Christmas in the Morning

Because parents who celebrate Christmas at 7pm have children who are too wound up to go to bed and end up acting like this all night:
We had Christmas with our little family tonight since we will be traveling for the holidays. We got Isaac a toy car garage. We were pretty sure he would like it since it is his favorite toy in the nursery at church. He was so excited that he couldn't wait to open the box and then started playing with it even before Ryan had it all put together. Maddie scored with a musical table. The pictures don't do her emotions justice--this girl was even more hyped up than her brother. It was pretty cute to see her so excited. She isn't quite ready to "stand" yet by herself to play with this, but I'm sure the toy will help her get there. The reason I love this toy so much: It sings in English and Spanish. I won a gift card to a local Italian restaurant, so we ate this bad boy for dinner tonight, along with some pasta. If you ask me, free food always tastes better.

5 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Fun, Fun! So when are you leaving? I'm guessing soon if you already opened presents, although with Isaac and Maddie, you could have Christmas in July and they wouldn't know anything was up. Hope the weather holds out so you can travel without trouble.

Robyn said...

I love how excited he is in the video, and I would have loved to see Maddie all hyped about her new toy too. If only they were this easy to please forever....

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful trip! Love ya!

Kelly said...

I'm glad to see Isaac loved his new toy so much. Mostly because that means Chase will love his gift to. Thanks for your help, again, today.

thepalmierifamily said...

Boys and cars! Hope you have fun while you're home for Christmas!

Kandis said...

Sounds like your pre-Christmas was awesome! So fun to see you while you were here!! Even though we didn't get to see each other a ton I was touched you took out some time for me! I hope your trip was memorable and that you enjoyed seeing all your friends and family. You guys are the greatest!