Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Little 'Mammie'

"Mammie" is what Isaac calls his baby sister. For some reason he can pronounce "Addie" (his cousin) clear as day, but he refuses to call his sister anything but "Mammie." As a result, we all call her "Mammie." We are so happy to have little Mammie in our home. Since she is four months old today, I thought I would write a little bit about how she's doing.
Maddie Loves:
-Being outside
-Attention from ANYONE, but especially her dad and her brother
-Eating
-Taking (warm) baths
Maddie Hates:
-Being hungry (she gets that from me)
-Bath water that isn't warm enough (home girl can scream if it's even a little bit chilly)
-Taking naps when she is overly tired--she sort of freaks out if I miss the window of opportunity and put her down to take a nap when she's too tired. The good thing is that she is usually too exhausted to cry for more than a couple of minutes. Since Maddie has learned to roll from her back to her tummy, she has somehow forgotten how to roll from her tummy to her back. When she gets tired of being on her tummy, she starts to make this little barking sound (sort of like a baby seal, but it's cute) until we come and flip her over to her back again. Within 30 seconds of flipping her over, she is usually back on her tummy again. I love the stage that she's at where she is fascinated with her feet. Ahhh, to be that flexible again...
And her hair is getting longer every day! Without fail, every time I take her in public people approach her and make comments (most often about her hair). Yesterday at the grocery store a woman asked me where I found the time to do her hair. It wasn't until I left the store that I realized that she must have thought I put curlers in it or something. It's definitely long enough for that--look how it falls over her head band--crazy!

8 comments:

Chris and Sally said...

Brooke is the exact same with rolling over. She has suddenly forgotten how to roll from her belly to her back and gets ticked if she is on her belly for too long. They must be kindred spirits, that's funny that they both do that. Don't worry, I am definitely calling you tomorrow for your happy birthday call.

Laura Bernard said...

Oh, I'm so missing you today! Love those chubby baby pics. And, BTW, are you really still reading "The Last Lecture?" Girl, that book is like a one hour read! Things getting really busy around there now? Book group just too dull without me?

Any chance you're interested in canning applesauce? I've never canned, except as a kid, but I've go these trees full of apples. Let me know if you're interested. I've got the equipment, I'd just love company!

And those doughnuts . . . why is it that your blog always makes me miss WDM the most? Maybe its just the yummy food! : )

Kandis said...

I have total hair envy!!

Matt and Erin said...

Maddie is so cute! Thanks so much for the fun girls night last Saturday...the donuts were delicious!

Chrissy Jo said...

I love "Mammie's" hair! Oh to have such cute cute hair that doesn't even require curlers! :-) She's an absolute doll, Sara, and I love her sweet smiles.

Nikki said...

I have never seen your hair look bad... you always look so cute. She must have got it from her momma. :)

Chris and Sally said...

Maybe you noticed I didn't call you today. I am going on a cruise tomorrow but I am calling you before I leave. I am the worst friend ever but a cruise day call should count for something.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Whatever Sara...we all know that you secretly perm Maddie's hair! Just kidding...although I just got a really funny image in my head! Cute cute Mammie!