Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kid Tag

My friend, Lisa, tagged me. I have to write 5 things about each of my kids that others might not know. I'm sure some of you already know these things---my life, especially when it comes to my kids, is sort of an open book. I've included some pictures to make it more interesting. And I tag my sisters (both blood and law)---and Brookie, Homer counts.
Isaac:
Isaac loves ketchup. He will eat almost anything if he can dip it in ketchup. In this picture he's eating a pear dipped in ketchup. Yummm!
Lately Isaac is obsessed with watching home videos of himself. He calls these videos "Baby Isaac," and some of the first words out of his mouth in the morning are usually "Watch Baby Isaac?" Isaac loves to help me cook. If he hears me cooking in the kitchen, he'll usually stop whatever he's doing and run in the kitchen, yelling "Bumbo! Bumbo!" (he always sits in his Bumbo chair on the counter top to help). He's actually getting really good at helping me and loves to taste test whatever we're making. Isaac loves the swings at the park. He calls them "weee weeees" because that's what he says whenever he swings on them. As much as Isaac smothers his little sister, he adores her. The other day he found an empty bottle in my diaper bag (he loves to empty everything out whenever he can) and he ran over to Maddie (who was rolling around on the floor) and tried to feed her. He kept saying "Mammie leche! Mammie leche!" Granted, there was nothing in the bottle, but it's the thought that counts, right?
I can't imagine what our family would be like without Isaac in it.
Maddie:
Maddie is our little angel. Lately we have been practicing sitting up, and she does quite well for a few seconds. Then, she slowly starts to sink lower and lower until her chin is almost touching the ground and her legs are straight out in front of her, smiling the whole time. With her leg warmers on, I think she looks like a yoga instructor in that position. Most people know that Maddie was named after my mom, Madelyn. She was also named after Ryan's grandmother, Ruth. I know she will be proud to have their names someday. Maddie and I are officially sharing hair clips (the one she is wearing in the picture is one I have owned and worn myself for years). Maddie insists on holding her own bottle every morning when I feed her. Gotta love that morning bed head! I have never seen so much slobber in my life as I do coming from Maddie's mouth! I think it's because she smiles so much. We love to watch her personality shine. She really is our little angel.

5 comments:

Gonzalez Family said...

That is too cute. I remember when Nicholas was born and Anastasia use to say that was her baby. She feels different about him now but it was so cute while it lasted.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the post. It made my day. I love to read about other parents feelings about their kids. You are lucky, you have such a cue family and your such a good mom.

Lynn said...

Great posts!! Love the pictures of our grandchildren. Keep the energy up and love them every day. I do miss those things mentioned by Pres. Monson.

Love,

Papa Payne

Chrissy Jo said...

Isaac loves katchup, huh? Maybe we should try that sometime. :-)Maddie is getting so big, holding her own bottle and everything!

shauni said...

They are both so cute, I love that Isaac is bilingual! Once again, I love the leg warmers.