Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gearing Up

We are gearing up for Halloween and all of the candy that comes with it (I love having a toddler who can trick-or-treat! It's like being a kid again.) We celebrated with some friends last night. We ate soup and chili and made haunted houses. Ryan constructed the house, I decorated it, and Isaac ate it (or tried to, at least). It was a lot of fun and got me really excited for Halloween. Little Oakley decorating her house. There was some intense decorating going on with Mark and Aupreille. I couldn't keep up. Carter decorating with his mom, Shauni. Isaac, the opportunist, taking advantage of the "casa" made of candy. It was right at this moment that Ammon put the kabosh on Isaac eating his house. The family with our finished product. This is what I caught Ryan doing later that night after Isaac had gone to bed.
Maddie received a package in the mail the other day from her cousin (thank you!). This tutu was inside.
Isn't she the cutest little ballerina you've ever seen? (aside from your own little girls, of course). I forgot to put pillows around her as a safety net and didn't see this tumble coming until it was too late!---looks like our little ballerina will need to practice her balance before she heads out on the dance floor.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for coming it was a lot of fun! Your bread was awesome.

Robyn said...

What a great idea - never thought of Halloween houses! Will have to remember that one last year.

Oh, and that ballerina. She IS the cutest ever!

jodie said...

Yum...I'd be willing to tackle a haunted house like that any day. And for the life of me, I just can't get over how cute Maddie is!

Kelly said...

I love the tutu pictures. Maddie looks so cute. I think you should change her costume to a ballerina. Of course it probably won't be as warm. The houses look like fun. I wish we could have made it. Maybe next year.

Brooke said...

Such cutie pie's!! I love Maddie's tutu...adorable! I can't believe I haven't even met the little angel yet. Christmas needs to come fast!

shauni said...

I love her tutu! Is she going to be a ballerina for Halloween? We had so much fun making haunted houses with you guys, Isaac was so cute getting into all the candy- he was in heaven!

Gonzalez Family said...

Hi Sara, this is Tony (Liz's Husband). The family looks great. I love the shot of Ryan picking at the house. Have a safe Halloween! -The Gonzalez Family

Skye O. said...

so cute sara! miss you guys and all the fun adventures in IA!