Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beggar's Night

Here in Iowa we go trick-or-treating on the 30th instead of the 31st, and it's called Beggar's Night. It was about 70 degrees today--perfect for trick-or-treating. I took Isaac to my friend's neighborhood while Ryan stayed home and kept Maddie company. Here are a few pictures from tonight as well as the Halloween party at Ryan's school yesterday. Isaac liked his monkey costume for about 2 minutes, and then he'd had enough. Here's my little monkey (who had climbed on top of the kitchen table) attempting to take the costume off.
Feeding Mammie some of his banana
Taking a bite himself (sorry, Kelly! I'll make sure to wash it before I give it back to you.)
Family photo at the school's Halloween party
That's my boy!
Trick-or-treating with the other kids. He was a little bit skeptical of the whole idea for the first few houses, but it didn't take him long to get the gist of the whole "begging for candy" thing. By the end of the night I had to stop him from taking handfuls of candy instead of just one.
The idea behind Ryan staying home with Maddie was so that he could get a little studying done...didn't happen.
Check out this link to see my favorite mother/daughter costume. Isn't my niece adorable?
Stay tuned for even more Halloween pictures from tomorrow's Trunk or Treat. Have I mentioned that I love Halloween?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Isaac looks adorable in the monkey costume. No worries about the banana. We had the same problem last year. It washes nicely. I love the picture of Maddie eating it. See you tonight at the trunk-or-treat.

Brooke said...

I love that Isaac is trying to eat his banana, and Maddie looks so precious! Great costumes!!

J said...

So why do they do the begger's night thing instead of trick or treating? I've never heard of that.