Thursday, August 7, 2008

Looks can be Deceiving

I know, the "Kramer" hair is a little out of control but I don't know how to tame it! Multiple people have asked if it's a wig or if I gave her a perm---who would give their newborn a perm?
Maddie hardly ever spits up. It's sort of crazy--she can belch like a drunken sailor, but she has only spit up a handful of times in her two months of life. I used to think, "I've got it made! A baby who never spits up, how great is that?"
But don't be deceived by that seemingly innocent smile. Though she doesn't spit up, she has developed a far messier habit---mega blowouts. This girl will go days without a poopy diaper---she just lets it build up and build up until no diaper can contain it---and then she lets it all out. Who knew something so small could create such a huge mess? She has blown out three times in the past week and a half. Luckily we've been at home during all three incidents because no amount of wipes is enough---this girl needs to be hosed down in the tub.
I miss spit up.

11 comments:

Jay and Heath said...

Well, I guess blow outs from one end are better than both ends simultaneously. Hopefully our HIJA only blows out one end, and not both. Jay

J said...

Woah, that hair is amazing.

shauni said...

She is so cute, I love her wild hair and her chubby little cheeks. We need to get together and do something sometime!

Brian said...

thanks...I was eating breakfast...

Lacy said...

Oh, I think the Kramer hair is adorable and pretty much spot on. She is a cutie.

Andrea said...

WOW--she looks like she's related to Tyler!How fun.

Chris and Sally said...

Kate used to do the exact same thing. The only difference is Kate had blowouts almost every day, she wasn't holding it in she just had amazing amounts of poo. I love it when it's all the way up the back and then you get it all over her hair when you try to take her clothes off. At least it doesn't really smell.

Krystal said...

Cute picture! I love that people actually ask you crazy stuff like that. Our little chica does both every once in awhile...isn't it tons of fun!

Laura Bernard said...

Oh, thank you for this picture! I needed to see that hair in all its glory! Sorry about the poop. Darn those babies! No poop for a few days is not worth those blowouts. Not a chance. Thank goodness for OxyClean!

Anonymous said...

She's too cute to do anything like that. JK Don't you get sick of scrubbing out the blowout stains? It's hard. Evan is a huge spitter unfortunately so he ruins his clothes and mine. So at least be glad you don't have both issues!

Erica said...

She is the cutest thing ever!! I love her hair!