Monday, August 4, 2008

Deal...or No Deal?

My dad's nickname (one of them, anyway) is Mr. Lucky, and he seriously is one of the luckiest people I know. He has been known to frequent the slots at Wendover once in awhile, and he ALWAYS wins. I remember he took me with him once right after I turned 21 (and right before I decided to go on a mission--go figure). I lost my $20 in a matter of about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, my dad, Mr. Lucky, was winning money left and right.
To make a long story short(er), Mr. Lucky won again. He chose the winning case in a game of Deal or No Deal and ended up winning 2000 tickets at the Gateway mall arcade. The grand kids were going crazy choosing their prizes at the prize counter. The best part about the day was that when my sister took the tickets up to the counter, the arcade worker announced that it was double ticket day---4000 tickets, not bad. Neil, my brother-in-law, who stood in front of the game for 15 minutes waiting for the 2000 tickets to dispense from the machine. They had to reload more tickets halfway through because the game ran out. Mr. Lucky and the family in front of the winning game.

5 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Amazing!! I don't think you could even use that many tickets! Was this during your trip? I hope Isaac got some nice loot to enjoy!

Matt and Erin said...

Send some of that luck over my way. I need some! And yes, I'd love you to lounge at the pool with me! :)

gramps said...

The luckiest thing that ever happened to me was having such a great wife and family! (well, that and the one summer at the del mar race track.)

Andrea said...

LOL. Your dad is a crack-up.

Robyn said...

I can't believe that!! How fun!!