Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Visit from Allie and Fischer

Well I'm back in the blogosphere, but I've been gone for good reason--my sister, Allie, and her son Fischer have been in town and we have been having so much fun that blogging has fallen by the wayside. Luckily Allie has kept faithful to her blog, so I am just going to refer you to here and here if you want to see some cute pictures of the boys and what we have been up to for the past few days.
Yesterday we headed out to Nauvoo so that Allie and Fisch could see the sights out there. It was a lot of driving but we had a good time. We saw the Mississippi River, Carthage jail, and even looked up a couple of our ancestors at the geneological sight in Nauvoo (my dad was so proud). Despite some subpar food (if anyone were to open a decent restaurant in Nauvoo, they would make a killing because there pretty much aren't any as far as we know) and a couple of major and minor meltdowns by the boys, the trip to Illinois was a lot of fun. Ryan, Isaac, Allie, and Fischer in front of the Mighty Mississippi River Ryan and I across from the Nauvoo temple grounds Allie and I outside Carthage Jail
I'm already trying to convince Allie and Fischer to live with us. It has been so much fun having them here and the air mattress that she has been sleeping on is quite comfortable, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like you are having tons of fun.

Devo said...

Those pictures are way better than jello.

Brooke said...

Isn't it madness that we share the same river (Mississippi) and yet we are still so far away?? Welcome to America I guess. Love you sisters!

Laura Bernard said...

Aren't sisters the best!? I only got to see mine for two days, but oh, so fun. Glad you've had such a great time.

You're right on with Nauvoo food. Maybe you can start a bread and salsa restaurant!

Chris and Sally said...

I was in Nauvoo a long time ago and I remember the food not being that good. I do remember the bleu cheese though, my mom and dad thought it was the greatest.

I got your package. Thank you so much! Kate loves the hat and thinks it should be for her, even though it's a little small.

Ashley said...

I didn't see y'all at church yesterday and was so bummed I didn't get to meet your sister! So now I officially feel as if we've met, well I've met her i guess..haha!

Glad you're having so much fun! I hope today drags by so that she won't have to leave soon!

Kandis said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Maybe I should start a Cafe Rio in Nauvoo......