Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Favorite Treat

these days is pudding. I can't get enough of it. Ryan teases me but he partakes of it's goodness, too. I think my favorite is the cook and serve variety--it takes a little bit more prep but it is so delish--especially topped with Cool Whip! I went to the store the other day and totally stocked up. Have you noticed how there are tons of different flavors of pudding? The possibilities are endless. I probably spent 10 minutes in the pudding aisle just trying to narrow down my choices.
I blame my new craving on the baby--my doctor want to make sure I get enough calcium throughout this pregnancy--especially since I am having two kids so close together--he said it was a must. What can I do but follow the doctor's orders? It's much better than my cravings with Isaac--all I remember is wanting to eat pastrami all the time with him. With little bambina #2 it's been baked potatoes (particularly during trimester 1 when anything with any kind of flavor made me nauseous) and pudding--much better options if you ask me.

11 comments:

Becky said...

Pudding has always been my comfort food. That and grilled cheese. I think I lived off of that in college! Totally healthy... milk, low fat... what more could you want?

Matt and Erin said...

Mmm, pudding is sounding really good right now. Chocolate pudding is my favorite...but then again, anything chocolate is my favorite!

Chris and Sally said...

My roommates and I used to make cook and serve chocolate pudding and you eat it hot with vanilla ice cream on top. Sounds weird but oh so good.

Ashley said...

Sara, have you tried the chocolate with mint chip kind? Oh my fabulous! It's the instant kind though, 2 cups milk and wisk for 2 minutes and whala. Do you like how I have the instructions memorized? Because we're on a kick of pudding in the Rencher household too. And it takes 5 minutes. And then there's the butterscotch. Too bad i can't use being pregnant as an excuse. I just down the stuff! =). So glad you stocked up!!

Robyn said...

I've just recently rediscovered my love for pudding lately too! My favorite is mint grasshopper!!

Andrea said...

My favorite way to eat pudding is frozen. I don't know why, but I love a good chocolate frozen pudding pop in the summertime. Otherwise, I can pass it up. It's so funny the things women crave during pregnancy!

Kandis said...

So I was just going to post a comment that I have a sacred love of pudding as well. Then I read some of the other comments and I realize that I am a pudding novice.....pudding pops, mint grasshopper!!!! Where have these ideas been all of my life? It's like I once was blind, but now I see and the pudding world that I used to know wasn't really a world at all, but a little town, population 2 - vanilla and chocolate.

kdance said...

I haven't had pudding for so long! What a funny craving. Do you like pistachio ice cream? I love it! I am obsessed with pistachio. If you like it, you should try pistachio cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. Fabulous!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Oh pregnancy cravings, at least pudding is healthier than doughnuts or something like that. I am ready to sew when you are!!!

Liz said...

Hi Sara! I'm sad you aren't coming over to my house today and I'm jealous that you get to spend the day with your sister! P.S. I had chocolate pudding for breakfast.

Liz said...

Hi Sara! I'm sad you aren't coming over to my house today and I'm jealous that you get to spend the day with your sister! P.S. I had chocolate pudding for breakfast.