Friday, April 11, 2008

Omaha Zoo

The other day Isaac and I were invited to go with my friend, Lisa, and her kids to the Omaha Zoo. We were looking for a reason to celebrate (I just finished teaching a second class at UIU--remember, the school with the peacock mascot?). Since Ryan had a big test ahead of him and needed to put in a lot of study time, we took her up on the offer and get out of his hair and made the 2 hour drive to Nebraska. It was a lot of fun.
When we got to Omaha we stopped at the famous King Kong Burger for some gigantic hamburgers and delicious french fries. I was starving (as usual) and though I marveled at how big it was and how I would "never be able to eat the whole thing,"----I devoured it! Either it was sooooo good or I was sooooo hungry, or maybe both, but I think I would have put Ryan to shame had he been there.
The zoo was amazing---and gigantic. We were there most of the afternoon and we probably only saw 1/3 of it.
After a day at the zoo we stopped off for custard at Culver's (which is a lot like Neilson's for all you Utah folks), where I had the best cookie-dough shake of my life! So of course, like the burger, I snarfed the whole thing! It was all for the baby--a tough job but somebody has to do it. The dome behind us was Isaac's favorite part of the zoo. He just kept saying "baaa" (ball) over and over again when he saw it. I was wishing someone would push me around in a stroller--isn't that the life? The white-skinned alligator--pretty crazy-looking.

10 comments:

shauni said...

The zoo looks so fun! I keep begging Colby to take me there and I think I have him talked into taking me when he's done with school in May. I love Isaac's little hat, he looks so cute!

Lisa said...

We had a lot of fun. Thanks again for coming with me.

Parkinson Family said...

Isn't the Omaha Zoo a blast?! I haven't been in years, but I think we're going to try and make a day of it soon. As always, Issac looks ao cute! What a cool mom you are to give him such fun experiences... even when you're only 9 weeks away from having a baby! :-)

J said...

I think I read somewhere that eating lots of cookie dough milkshakes is good for babies. So keep chowing down.

kdance said...

You look so dang cute, girl! You are getting so close to having that little baby. Are you excited???

I'm dying to go to the Omaha Zoo. I doubt we'll make it before we move next month :(

Yes, I'm TOTALLY going to miss my dear Culvers. At least I'll have Nielsen's, right???

Ted and Hilery said...

Ted and I are hoping to take a trip there. It looks like you guys had lots of fun! And that burger restaurant sounds great! We always love new restaurants.

Matt and Erin said...

Haha! When I read about you wishing someone could push you around in a stroller I laughed like crazy--Imagine, you and Isaac in a double stroller and Ryan pushing you two around! How cute! LOL!

Andrea said...

How fun! That shake sounds great. . . We have Culver's here too (at least I think it's the same.)

thepalmierifamily said...

That sounds like a fun road trip. Good thing the kids survived the trip in the car. I can't believe how cute Isaac is getting, and what a good sewer you are! You're brave to have a baby far away from home, family, and lots of help! Speriamo che la bimba arrivi presto. un bacio!

Robyn said...

How fun! We have yet to visit the Omaha zoo. You brought me back some memories. I was about as far along with Mariah when I took Logan to the Ft. Worth zoo. It was huge and after 5 hours I was exhausted!