Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Breakfast

Every Conference Sunday my mom has the whole family over for a big brunch. The menu always includes all of the best breakfast foods you can imagine--from chocolate-covered strawberries to omelets to biscuits and gravy. I decided that since we couldn't be in attendance, we would do the best with what we had--so we made waffles. They definitely didn't take the place of the brunch at home, but it was better than cold cereal, so we couldn't feel sorry for ourselves or get too homesick. Isaac was the taste-tester of the strawberries. He learned how to turn the light on and off--apparently he prefers to cook in the dark. Wasn't Conference great? Needless to say, Elder Ballard's talk on mothers and women in the Church was the most meaningful for me. I felt like it was exactly what I needed to hear. I love talks like that where you feel as if the words of counsel are meant just for you. Now I just need to apply it :)

4 comments:

Haylee Mollerup said...

Isaac is cute in his bumbo! I have to agree with you on Elder Ballard's talk. Exactly what I needed to hear too! I was blinking a lot through that talk to keep the tears from falling out. A few may have made their way out! :)

shauni said...

I also loved conference. Elder Ballard's talk made me cry, it is always so nice to hear about the worth of mothers. Your breakfast sounds like it was great! I love the idea of having a big conference brunch, but I usually sleep in as late as I can on conference Sunday.

Natalie said...

Hi you guys! We're glad that you found our blog! Congratulations to you as well, how fun it will be for you to have two little ones! Isaac is SO cute by the way! We hope that you guys are doing well, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, and keep in touch! =)

Andrea said...

I still get homesick for conference breakfast at your parents house and I was only there for it like twice. It's one of the best traditions ever! We've had a few friends over here and there trying to start a similar tradition ourselves, but it didn't happen last weekend--Eva was just too sick! Wish we could have been there to eat with you guys!

p.s.Isaac is getting so cute.