Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Kind of Diet

Every year since we've been married, Ryan and I make caramel apples around Halloween. It's sort of the first "Ryan and Sara Payne Family Tradition" that we ever started. This year we did it a few days after Halloween, and Ryan and I rotated between entertaining Isaac (he was not in the mood to cooperate with our family tradition) and dipping the caramel apples. I failed to get a picture of the completely finished product (they didn't stick around very long), but here are some in progress. We ended up making three different types: White Chocolate Cinnamon, Reese's Pieces, and Oreo. We took some to a get-together our friends had and the White Chocolate Cinnamon ones were the biggest hit. I could have eaten them all by myself, but it's a little early to be packing on the holiday pounds, don't you think? But hey, they are just apples, right? Apples are fruit. Fruit is good for you...besides, I only ate one...per day.

5 comments:

jodie said...

That is so fun. Clay and I started that tradition just this year on Halloween. And a delicious tradition it is!

You guys are such a cute couple, by the way.

Erinne said...

I suppose now that we have a blog, I should read everyone elses' if I expect others to read ours. Brian usually gives me the CliffNotes version of everyones. Very cute stuff, IRS. I forgot about the apples. You gave us some last year. Not that we need anymore sweets around here, but they sure would of been welcomed!

Ashley said...

those look so good, I didn't get to have one. I had yeast rising in me after all the dough I ate...gross. haha.

I asked Logan if he had one last night when I read this, and he went off, for like 5 minutes on how good they were. He had no idea y'all made them, otherwise he would've gone off to you for 5 minutes..haha.

What a fun tradition! I hope you're feeling better. I'm counting down until Monday.

Anonymous said...

What a fun family tradition! It's fun to find "your own" family traditions!

Kelly said...

Soooo good! Austin kept trying to lick all the carmel off. I think we need to start the tradition too.