Saturday, October 20, 2007

Kiddie Swap

Tonight Ryan and I went on our first date since moving to Iowa--it was great! We have a little kid-swap going on with a couple of other friends and tonight was our night to go out while our friends watched Isaac for a few hours. We took advantage of the time and spent a gift card that we had to the Cheesecake Factory (thank you Devin and Krystal!). I love this restaurant and would have run over there last month when they sent it to us but Devin said we had to go on a real date, so I made Ryan take me their the first chance we got. Meanwhile, Isaac was having fun taking crawling lessons from Chase at the Pluid household. Here are a few pictures from our night.
Me eating a monstrous Asian Chicken Salad. It was a gorgeous afternoon so we ate outside.
Ryan and his jumbo breakfast burrito.
Raspberry-Lemon Cheesecake, which came very highly recommended and did not disappoint. We got it to-go but ate it about 5 minutes after getting home.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so glad you had fun on your date. I am jealous that you went to the Cheesecake Factury. It is one of my favorites. We had so much fun with Isaac. I think Austin wants to adopt him.

Lisa said...

That looks like so much fun. I bet it was nice to get out and relax before the big test. I hope the boys do good so they will be in a good mood.

Ashley said...

Yea for your date night!! And the CF! And that it was via gift card!! Can't get much better than that! I'm so glad y'all had fun!

Matt and Erin said...

I'm glad you had fun on your date night! The Cheesecake Factory is the best!

gramps said...

that looks like Elaine's "big salad" from seinfeld.

Anonymous said...

YAY for date night! And I LOVE Cheesecake Factory!! YUM! I'm glad you had a fun night out!

Lacy said...

Hi Sara! Love your blog and I also LOVE that you guys are food-picture-takers. I love your salad.

Anonymous said...

Should have gotten the Godiva Chocolate one. That is the best one ever! It's not thick but smooth and made with love!
You had fun and it I'm so glad you got away. Just know that we are there to take your baby too when you want to go out.

jodie said...

I'm so glad you guys got to have a date night. And you picked a wonderful place to eat! Glad you were able to enjoy your night out!