Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Maddie's Baptism Day

I meant to record my feelings about Maddie's baptism shortly after the ceremony, but obviously that didn't happen! So here we are, months later playing catch up. We had a family home evening lesson last night on the importance of keeping records/journals, and I vowed to start updating this family blog weekly again. Wish me luck. 

Maddie was baptized and confirmed on June 11, 2016. It was such a pay-back day for me as a parent. Her primary teacher, Jennifer Arbour, spoke on baptism, and she asked her cousin, Carson, to speak about the gift of the Holy Ghost. They both did beautiful jobs and brought the Spirit into the meeting. Then she and Davis and Isaac sang "When I am Baptized." This was the highlight of the meeting for most people, I think. There were a lot of tears shed as the three of them sang so sweetly and innocently (I bribed them with lollipops or some kind of candy and they totally delivered!). I was also impressed with how many people from our branch came and supported Maddie. It was so touching. She invited a few friends from school, and one of them came and brought her mom with her. It was special for Maddie (and me) to teach them a little bit about our faith.

Ryan's parents were able to fly in for the week and it meant so much to us to have them there. 

When Maddie came out of the water, I was waiting between the font and the dressing room with a towel for her. As I wrapped her body in the towel, her face was beaming and tears just started streaming down my face. I tried to explain to her through tears that I was just so happy for her, the decision she had made, and the chance that I have been given to be her mother.
Not only did Lynn and Mary-Ann come into town, but so did Shannon, Matt, Natalee, and Carson! It was extra special to have them with us.
Playing around with her brothers and Carson...

oops. 

No comments: