![]() |
| Exploring the tide pools is one of Davis' favorite things to do. He collects all the shells he possibly can and then leaves them scattered all over our house. |
- Davis loves all things Pokemon, SlugTerra, and Agent Oso. He will go on and on about Pokemon characters and scenerios and, cross my heart, I do my best to act interested but I usually have no freaking idea what he's talking about.
- He has a tender heart. He will often mention to me throughout the day, with a little sadness in his voice, that he "misses Maddie." They have a really special relationship. If I'm being completely honest, I think that Davis is drawn to Maddie both because he loves her dearly and because he wants to make Isaac jealous. It usually works. The older boys, on the other hand, have a much more tumultuous relationship. They can definitely be the best of friends (Davis idolizes Isaac), but also the worst of frenemies (both know how to push the other's buttons and do so all.the.time).
- I have mentioned before that Davis is my little sidekick. Since I didn't put him in preschool this year, we are pretty much together all day every day. While there are occasional moments of frustration, he is such a fun person to be around. If I want him to do anything all I have to say is, "Wanna race?" and he will go wherever I want him to go as long as he can beat me there. The thought of him going off to kindergarten in the fall fills me with the mixed emotions of anticipation of increased freedom and loneliness. But mostly loneliness.
- He loves animals and science (shout out to Bill Nye the Science Guy!).
- He is talkative and friendly and loves to talk about random facts to anyone who will listen. He often gets attention from adults for using vocabulary words well beyond his age (and sometimes out of context) I think it's pretty adorable.
- He has a huge heart and a great willingness to share with others. He tells me multiple times a week how much he loves our family.
- Davis is a little boy with a lot of faith. We finished reading the Book of Mormon as a family and for weeks afterwards he would ask Heavenly Father every time he said his prayers, "Is the Book of Mormon true?"
- I can't believe it's been over 5 years since this little man joined our family and in turn saved my life. I love him so very much.
![]() |
| Making a wish. |


No comments:
Post a Comment