- Blue Bell Ice Cream. Years ago, Ryan was in podiatry school and we were living in Iowa. Another couple lived across the hall from us in our little apartment complex and we became really close friends with them. Gavin, who was also a podiatry student at DMU (and from the great state of Texas), was always raving about Blue Bell ice cream. So much so, that I could still hear his voice in my head when I walked past the freezer isle of the grocery store shortly after moving to Arizona and saw it in the ice cream section. Of course I had to try it and of course he was right--it is pretty delicious ice cream. The best part about it is they have funky flavors like "Southern Hospitality" and "Magic Cookie Bar". Consuming our body weight in Blue Bell is one of the many things we are doing to stay cool this summer.
- Contigo Water Bottles. My sister introduced me to these when were were visiting her this summer. I had been on a mad hunt for a sippy cup that doesn't leak (they all profess to be "leak-proof" and none of them are). Glory be, these don't leak! So we got rid of the sippy cups and Nater upgraded to these water bottles. We got the other kids hooked on them as well---just another way we are beating the heat. And as a bonus, they come in a three-pack at Costco for less than $13. Can't beat that.
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! It's no secret that I'm a sucker for children's books. Knowing this, Ryan's dad often sends me links to articles of great book recommendations. Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! was on the most current must-read list he stumbled upon, so we checked it out after he passed the article onto me. It is Davy's new favorite---so much so that I lost track of how many times we have read it together.
- Sophie's Squash. This is another one from Papa P's latest list, and I have to say that it's my favorite. If you have ever had a child who at one time or another was attached to an inanimate object, this is a must-read.
- Question Boy Meets Little Miss Know-It-All. Months and months ago, after one of my "favorites" posts, my sister recommended this book to us. I'm so glad she did---it is nothing short of hilarious. All three of my older kids love it. And since Davis is very much a "Question Boy" (what 4-year-old isn't?), it's oh so familiar. Check it out, you'll love it too.
- The Way Way Back. Both my sister and another friend recommended this movie, so when I came across it at our local library I had to give it a try. It's darling. And Ryan even tolerated it. Warning, it will make you want to punch Steve Carrell's character in the face, because he's pretty much the meanest person ever.
- Mormon Messages For Youth. Have you checked these out? They are so so great, and can make planning a Family Home Evening lesson a piece of cake, or give your kids something to do on a Sunday. Below is one of my current favorites:
- For the first time since our newlywed days, Ryan and I live in a real neighborhood. It's my very favorite thing of all. Prior to moving into our current home, we have always lived in apartments or on a really busy street. But now we live in an area where kids ride their bikes up and down the streets, and there is more than one park just around the corner. It reminds me of my own childhood. It was the single most important factor I was looking for in a home this time around. And it's every bit as awesome as I thought it would be. Just today I was talking to a new friend at church. She asked where I had moved from and when I told her Connecticut, she responded, "Wow! It must have been quite a shock to move to the desert!" and then she went on, "Just you wait, Sara, in a couple of months when it cools down, you'll think you're in heaven. It's spectacular."
I can't wait.






1 comment:
What??? There is Blue Bell in AZ?!??!?! Sweet glory. Yes Coconut Fudge is my FAVORITE. Also try Lemon Bliss (Only out for 3 months/year, maybe this is the last month?) And Birthday Cake is fabulous as well. oh Blue Bell - truly no other ice cream compares. We were in ID and tried Tillamook Ice Cream since their cheese is so great. No go - Blue Bell totally was better.
Also I didn't know they made Contigo Water Bottles in Jr/Sippy cup sizes?! Best news ever as these are my daily water bottles. I agree - every other sippy totally leaks, always.
This post reminds me of your fun fave things party - I always mean to do that where I'm living, and then I don't - cause you're not around and it makes me sad and I wouldn't do it justice.
Did you tell that lady at church to just wait, you're kindof a big deal and a big dose of awesomeness and she should be feeling so lucky to be chatting with you? :) Love ya girl!
Post a Comment