Sunday, January 12, 2014

From the Mouth of My Babe

Nater and Uncle Jed during their visit last month.
Tonight at dinner Isaac was trying to encourage Maddie, "The food looks horrible, but it tastes good, Maddie!" Later on in the meal he told me that I wasn't ready for Food Art. I'm not sure what that is, but I have an idea.

In my defense, it is pretty difficult to make these lentils (or any lentils, for that matter) look appetizing.

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Too funny! My kids hate it when I make lentils or any sort of beans/soup/stuff-all-mixed-up-in-a-pot-and-served-in-a-bowl. But I keep making it because it's cheap and healthy. It really irks me when they whine and complain and say they don't like it before they even try it. And then when they do try it, they totally eat it all and want more. Sometimes.:) One night I was so fed up with their complaining that I googled 'starving children'. Yes, I really did. We watched a little clip from some charity that helps hungry children. It was really sad. Cumorah and I both started crying when I told them they should be more grateful for what they have. Um, not sure whether that was the right thing to do or not, but it sure makes me kind of laugh now.