Thursday, October 3, 2013

Isaac @ 6 1/2 Years Old

A local park does a Fall Festival every September and the kids and I went this past weekend. Isaac wanted his face painted like The Hulk.
 At 6 1/2 years old, Isaac:

  • Loves Harry Potter. The books, the legos, the movies. Guess who he's dressing up as for Halloween?
  • Is starting to show a lot of interest in sports. He is playing soccer this fall, and he also loves basketball and baseball. He got to go to his first MLB game when grandpa was here. He loved seeing the Yankees play since they are his favorite team. 
  • Runs everywhere. My mom thinks he looks like a little Forest Gump because he runs wherever he goes. Truth be told, I would rather take any other child grocery shopping because he has such a hard time staying in one place.
  • Will eat just about anything. He is a pretty adventurous eater for a six-year-old. 
  • Is a thinker. He is always asking questions that I have no idea how to answer.
  • Makes everything a competition. He is pretty good about letting Davis win once in awhile when they race or play together. I think he has figured out that he has to give in once in awhile or D won't want to play anymore, and then the competition would be over. 
  • Has a kind heart. Most of the time I am very pleased with how he treats his siblings. He is easy-going and fun-loving and I'm really proud of the boy he is turning out to be. 

Rock climbing at the Fall Festival. It was about at this moment that Ike realized how high he was and wanted nothing more to do with rock climbing.

2 comments:

Chris and Sally said...

Harry Potter, my kind of kid!

Confidence with Corey said...

I'll have to show his rock climbing skills to Jed. He will be so proud!