Thursday, July 25, 2013

From the Mouth of My Babe

We are starting to get smiles out of this guy.
A few things we've figured out about Nathan:

  • He loves to eat, sleep, and dirty his diaper right after we change him.
  • He is pretty easy-going most of the time, as long as we feed him when he's hungry and put him down for a nap when he's tired. 
  • He is cranky most nights from 8pm-10pm, but if we put him in his swing, turn it on super-high mode, and blast the Andre Bocelli station on Pandora, he calms down and falls asleep. He seems to have an affinity for fine Italian music. 
  • He LOVES to be swaddled.
  • He loves to be snuggled, unless it's by Davis (still trust issues there).
  • He is still the most popular person in our home, and the kids are still fascinated that something so small can move and interact with them. 
  • His current nicknames are Nater (Davis gets confused and calls him "Mater"), Nate-Dog, and Goliath (last week he weighed in at 13 lbs, 4 oz! We are barely squeezing him into 0-3 month clothes)

Uncle Devin came to visit a couple of weeks ago and we took him for a humid trip around Yale's campus.
I overheard Maddie talking to a couple of her friends this morning: "I can't wait to be a mom, you get to eat candy whenever you want!...but it's also a lot of work."

4 comments:

Confidence with Corey said...

Haha! Maddie is so funny. We are counting down the days til we can come visit. I can't wait to squeeze Naters cheeks. What an adorable baby! Love you Sara!

Kelly said...

I love it. My boys are just starting to smile too! And if it weren't for swings in the evening I don't think I would survive. He is adorable.

allie said...

Tell maddie that's my favorite thing about being a mom! Big Nate is adorable!

Jay and Heath said...

Nate sounds a whole lot like Otis. little dreamboats! And Otis is just as huge, bigger actually. I'll find out his stats this week. I'm guessing off the charts. ;) I love the nickname Mater and I love all of Maddie's comments... I would love to spend a day with her! :) Love catching up on your life over there!