 |
| Feeding her baby a bottle. |
Maddie turned 5 the day after we brought Nathan home from the hospital. Even though I was sort of out of commision, Grandma Mary-Ann took over and made Maddie's day really special. Thanks to Grandma Maddie, she received the My Little Pony Castle she's been pining over forever, and thanks to Grandma Mary-Ann she is now equipped with all most every pony in Ponyville. They have been the gifts that keep on giving as they have provided literally hours of entertainment for Davis and Maddie during these early days when I'm not too confident in going many places on my own with the whole brood.
 |
| There was a span of a couple of weeks where Maddie decided she wanted to be an entomologist when she grows up. Then she decided she's still a little bit afraid of spiders, so she is now an aspiring ballerina once again. |
 |
| I told Maddie that once I was feeling better, we could have her friends over for a pizza and a movie party. Last Friday 5 of her friends came over and watched a My Little Pony movie while eating frozen pizza from Costco and drinking juice boxes. Low expectations, it's all about low expectations these days. It was the easiest party ever planned. |
A few things about our Maddie:
- She is thrilled about starting kindergarten in the fall.
- She loves to play with Legos, My Little Ponies, and board games. Her current favorite board game is Sum Swamp. It's a great one for helping kids learn simple addition facts.
- Maddie has been a great help to me these last three weeks. She is always willing to help with the baby, but even more so she has entertained Davis for hours every day. These two have become quite good buddies over the past year- it is going to be hard for him (and me) when she goes off to school in the fall.
- People will often comment on how she's the only girl in a house full of brothers. Her remark to that statement is always, "I will get sisters when my brothers get married!"
- The other day I overheard Maddie bossing Davis around and it was as if I was listening to myself speak to the kids. It made me cringe.She picks up on everything I say and the tone in which I say it. {Sigh}
- She makes friends very easily and loves meeting new people.
- She takes really good care of her toys. Is this a girl thing? Every Lego Friends block has a place in her room and she keeps them all on display. She saves every card any grandparent or friend has ever sent her and has a special bag where she stores all her most beloved possessions.
- She is still fearless in the water. Swimming lessons are at the top of our to-do list this summer.
- She is still the happy, spunky, full-of-life little girl that she's always been. We are so happy she's ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment