![]() |
| Ryan and Davis walking downtown in the rain last Saturday. |
My kids have been saying some really random things lately that might only be funny to me, but I wanted to document them just the same.
During our candle-lit dinner on Valentine's Day, we went around the table and took turns telling each other what we loved and admired about them. When we got to Isaac, he said, "When you are all done, can I tell you what I love about myself, too?"
I have some very generous friends who have recently given me a bunch of clothes to accommodate my growing figure. I was trying on some of the said clothes the other day while Maddie was in my bedroom with me. I didn't think she was paying much attention to what I was doing, but I was wrong. As I slipped on what I thought to be a darling floral printed shirt, she announced, "Ummm, that looks a little bit awkward." "Huh?" I said, thinking she was talking to her baby doll. "Your shirt, it's really pretty and all, but it looks kind of awkward because it's so poofy on top." How could I ignore this unsolicited fashion advice? I looked in the mirror and realized she was on to something, so I promptly changed into a less "awkward" top that got much better reviews.
We were walking in the parking lot the other day when Maddie looked at me and said sincerely, "Don't you just love the smell of this fresh country air?" Pretty sure those words have never been uttered by any human being before or since while walking into Walmart.

3 comments:
This made my day! Your kids are so dang cute! I laughed so hard at Maddies' fashion advice. So funny! She sounds a lot like Brooke to me.
Your kids are funny! Aaron commented the other day on how big my stomach was. I'm not pregnant though. :) Sigh.
That just gave me the best laugh I've had all day! I love your kids. They are AWESOME!
Post a Comment