Friday, March 29, 2013

Davis Reed @ 3 Years Old

Davis celebrated a birthday this past Wednesday. It's a little crazy to think that my baby is 3 years old. He is full of personality, that's for sure.
I don't think he realized that having a birthday meant opening presents, so he was pretty stoked when we pulled them out.

Learning how to hold a bat with Dad.

One of Davis' gifts was a pair of light sabers. I think Isaac was more excited than anyone about this present. I even overheard him say, "Davis, when you open your presents, choose the one that looks like sticks first, ok?" 
Leaning in a little bit close to those flames, little buddy.
At three years old, Davis:

  • Is as passionate as ever. He loves big and he fights big. I have never received so many kisses and hugs from one person in a single day, but he is also quick to turn on you when he feels an injustice has taken place. Hitting, biting, and weeping and wailing often ensue. 
  • We just moved him into the same room as Isaac and Maddie in order to prepare for the baby, and he loves being with the big kids. He goes to bed about an hour before they do, and he knows "dat Isaac can't come into da woom until I'm sweeping." So far the transition has gone smoother than I expected. We will see how week two plays out. I hope we can keep them together and still keep my sanity. 
  • Some of his favorite foods are eggs, string cheese, pizza, fruit (especially apples), soy beans, and macaroni. He also loves anything sweet. Forget getting him to try something that he deems "yucky." It's a losing battle that I hope he will grow out of. He particularly loathes avocados and tomatoes. 
  • He is obsessed with superheroes (batman being his current fave). He also loves Star Wars, Diego, and Kung Fu Panda. 
  • He and Maddie have become quite good buddies while Isaac is at school. He is content playing Lego Friends with her, or reading, or any kind of dress-up. She will also happily play superheroes with him. The minute Isaac walks through the door, though, all attention goes to his big brother. And they are CRAZY when they play. Wrestling, chasing, yelling, and overall madness take place when they are together. 
  • His nicknames are D, D-Man, Davy, and Bear.
  • He has recently started running away from me in public places (didn't we conquer this over a year ago?) and it makes me very wary of taking him anywhere because I physically cannot move as fast as he can at this point. I have never considered one of those leash backpack things as seriously as I am now. I am praying that he grows out of this really really fast. Any advice?
  • He insists on wearing his Diego Rescue Pack to pick up Maddie from preschool, and he is always greeted with smiles and laughs by the rest of the parents. He does look pretty cute wearing it, though I had to put the kibosh on him placing anything edible inside of it when I found he was hoarding string cheeses and bananas inside of it for days at a time. 
  • Davis has a big heart and is at a really fun age. We are trying to soak up his innocence as long as we can. I am really hoping that he loves being a big brother.

3 comments:

Confidence with Corey said...

Happy Birthday Davy! Sure do love and miss you!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I had to laugh about your comment about physically not being able to run after Davis anymore when he runs away from you...only because I was just there doing that (and still kinda am). It's a little embarrassing when the random stranger grabs your kid for you because they can see there is NO WAY you will ever catch him! You're getting closer!!!

Happy Birthday D!

Jay and Heath said...

WOW! I felt like I was readying about Oscar. Seriously... What is with them runny away from us at their age. I went through that with Gwen at 18 months... not 2&1/2. I did start using a leash with him, it's helped a ton. And I love how you worded Davis... "Loves big and fights big". That whole paragraph is Oscar to a T. :) Hope you're feeling well!! Not much longer!! Yay!!