 |
| While eating his first ear of corn on the cob this season, I asked Isaac how he liked it, "Yum. All I can say is YUM!" |
Thought I'd share a few of our current favorite recipes, all taken (and slightly adapted) from other food bloggers.
 |
| Apple Nachos from Manifest Vegan. I skip the vegan chocolate chips and go with boring old Nestle and I toast the coconut and the almonds, and these have quickly become my very favorite snack/dessert/lunch. The kids love them too. |
 |
| It's just been in the past couple of months that I discovered the deliciousness that is lentils and I make them even in the summer because they are that good. I found this recipe via Making it Here. Super healthy, super tasty. |
 |
| These next two recipes are from my favorite food blogger at Mel's Kitchen Cafe. In the summer months I usually go on a cooking hiatus, and our dinners consist of mostly salads or cold cereal (with the occasional lentils, of course). If you hate to heat up the oven in the summer, make this Mexican Tomato and Corn Salad tonight for dinner, only stir in a chopped avocado before serving--and I promise you will thank me for introducing it to your life. |
 |
| Sesame Noodles with Peanut sauce. I love to add sauteed red pepper or zucchini to this dish, and it's easy to forego the chicken if you are in the mood for a vegetarian meal. I also don't usually cook all of the pasta required because it's a little too much for our family to eat, plus, it makes the noodles extra saucy, and you know how I like my noodles and my life extra saucy. |
.jpg) |
| Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos from Our Best Bites. I make a double batch and then freeze all the left overs. It think they are best with corn tortillas. These never disappoint. Trust me. |
Got any current favorite dishes being served at your house? Please do share!
3 comments:
Sara Sara Sara...I miss you! Somehow you and good food just go together my friend. I am in a cooking slump (plus the 100+ heat isn't helping any). That tomato corn mexi salad is SO up my alley. I'll be trying that. I don't have anything amazing to share. My latest trend has been the ham and swiss cheese sliders from Annie's Eats. SUPER FAST and a great way to feed a crown, an easy make ahead, or my latest go to when needing to take someone a meal (aka Shauni got these 2 weeks ago when she had her baby). Miss you!
I sure do miss your cooking, especially homemade pizza night. Yum!!
finally tried the apple nachos this weekend and am wondering what took me so long to get on the boat! Yumm!
Post a Comment